I am an experienced sales and solution engineer with expertise in front end development, UI/UX design, enterprise architecture and APIs/integration strategy. I'm always on the lookout for opportunities to inform, educate, and sell great products for rapidly-growing, well-run, dynamic companies.
Senior Solutions Engineer
Algolia is a hosted search and discovery engine with powerful APIs that let developers quickly and seamlessly integrate a powerful search experience on any website or application.
As a Senior Solutions Engineer, I assist the revenue organization with demonstrations, scoping, and solution architecture design in pursuit of the "technical win", with continuing support as opportunities drive toward closing. We are also tightly aligned with the product/engineering (passing on product gaps and customer feedback), alliances (enabling SI partners to pitch/deploy Algolia) and marketing (generating content and attending/speaking at events).
Lead Solution Engineer (Previous: Senior Solution Engineer)
I have served as a Enterprise Solution Engineer for the Salesforce Commerce Cloud, specifically B2C Commerce (formerly Demandware), Salesforce Order Management and Salesforce CMS.
- Contributed to over $40M in pipeline and $15M in closed won business
- Specialized in non-retail/innovation use cases for Salesforce commerce practice
- Built custom demo environments, including branding and design, data scraping tools for e-commerce catalogs, and persona development
- Developed internal demos on headless commerce capabilities, including demo of Algolia integration to B2C Commerce
- 🏆 FY19 Commerce Cloud Solution Engineer of the Year
- Trailhead Ranger
Senior Solution Engineer
Led technology architecture workshops for clients and set the advanced technical direction on engagements. Clients include Fortune 500 enterprises in the financial services, entertainment, and software sectors, and numerous startup and mid-size B2B software companies.
- Responsible for entire consulting lifecycle, including gathering client requirements, working with a team to determine the best solution and successfully delivering that solution, including documentation and knowledge transfer.
- Provide technical knowledge/support and project scoping in support of the sales team through all points of the sales process.
- Design/build custom solutions within and between Marketing Automation Solutions (Marketo, Eloqua, ExactTarget), CRM Platforms (Salesforce.com, NetSuite, Quickbase) and other marketing/sales solutions using REST APIs, Dell Boomi, Zapier and other Web technologies and approaches.
Director of Marketing
Employee #10 at this SaaS field service management company, I was responsible for driving qualified leads, opportunities and revenue through marketing. Implemented end-to-end sales and marketing stack and responsible for all marketing and sales operations (Marketo, SFDC) along with coordinating and measuring ROI from all marketing channels (events, online advertising, content syndication).
Director of Revenue Marketing (Previous: Revenue Engineer)
- Manage a team of marketing specialists to drive brand awareness and sales-ready leads for demand generation agency
- Developed tailored processes for marketing collateral production, lead qualification, content marketing effectiveness and closed-loop revenue reporting
- Serve as administrator and power user for all marketing systems and processes, including website, CRM, marketing automation platform, social media monitoring and analytics
- Responsible for multichannel marketing campaign calendar and coordinate all aspects of launch (email, social media, paid advertising) and reporting (leads, A/B testing, pipeline, revenue)
Additonal experience details can be found on LinkedIn.
Virginia Military Institute
- Distinguished Graduate with Institute Honors (Top 15 in Class)
- Editor-in-Chief - THE CADET Newspaper, where I was responsible for an editorial staff of 20 and full P&L for weekly newspaper
- Regimental S-3 (Operations) Lieutenant for 1,200-student Corps of Cadets
- Additonal Activities: College Bowl Team, Parade Announcer, Campus Tour Guide
- SaaS/Platforms: Salesforce, Demandware, Shopify, Heroku, CMS (Ektron, Sitecore, WordPress, Drupal)
- Workflow/Tools/Apps: Github, Bitbucket, Gulp/Grunt, NPM/yarn/npx, Figma, Adobe XD, Adobe Photoshop, VSCode, Salesforce Sales Cloud, Salesforce Service Cloud, Zendesk